Sunday, September 15, 2013

New York and Ice Cream


I have been living in New York for almost a year now and needless to say that until today I am still fascinated by difference lifestyle in New York and Indonesia. One interesting thing I find is that people here (maybe not only in New York but also in the entire US) love ice cream. Can anyone explain to me about this eating habit? Does it have something to do with the fact that the #1 ice cream in the US is from New York?

I can find food truck or store everywhere. What's more interesting is that there are so many types of ice cream here! You can find anything from soft serve, hard, gelato, many more! The flavors are also very vary. Once I had this salt-flavored ice cream. Who would have thought that salt and ice cream would make a very good match?

In Indonesia, we do not really consume ice cream that much. I do not know why but if I can assume, maybe it is because Indonesia's average disposable income is still relatively low and we do not really drink milk. However, it is starting to change since last year Magnum from Unilever launched a big campaign which glamorize the consumption of ice cream. People now start to eat more ice cream and there is even a  trend of hanging out in ice cream store. I guess the trend is not going to fade anytime soon.

As a big fan of ice cream, it has been my dream to have my own ice cream parlor in the future. Therefore, with this blog, I would love to write everything about ice cream in New York. I guess this is going to be good for my own research before opening up my own business back home. 

2 comments:

  1. Ndo, have you tried Milkmade Ice Cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Baru denger dr elo. Pdhl deket tmpt gw ternyata hahaha

      Delete